I run a quarterly event called Stoke Newington History Talks where I’m joined by two different speakers each time. I’m glad to say the number of people attending has been growing steadily since the first event in November 2016. I’m always happy to speak at events such as user group meetings, research groups, festivals etc. so do get in touch if you would like to talk about a potential speaking engagement.
- Photos from the Hackney Archives
- The evolution of Stoke Newington Church Street 1847-2017
- Stoke Newington pubs – Converted. Demolished. Rebuilt.
- Alexander Guttridge’s photos of Stoke Newington in the 1930’s
- How Clissold Park was saved by the public, for the public
- Stoke Newington churches
17.01.2018 – Nerd Nite London
I look forward to presenting my research into the evolution of Stoke Newington Church Street (1847-2017) at a Nerd Nite London event at the start of next year. Sounds like a fun and interesting event.
February 2018 (Final date to be confirmed) – Stoke Newington History Talks #6
I’m very happy to announce that the next Stoke Newington History Talks event will be held in late February in the beautiful West Reservoir Centre, originally a New River filtration plant, built in 1936, Grade II listed. Date and speakers will be confirmed closer to the event. Join the events mailing list to be notified when tickets become available in January.
- 30.11.2017 – Stoke Newington History Talks #5: New River, Save the Reservoirs Campaign and photos from the Hackney Archives
- 28.09.2017 – Local churches – An event organised by the Green Lanes N16 Traders & Residents Association
- 04.09.2017 – Stoke Newington History Talks #4: Abney Park, Jewish past and photos from the 1930’s
- 01.08.2017 – Stoke Newington History pub quiz at The Leconfield, 79 Green Lanes
- 22.06.2017 – Talks at the Tower: Saved by the People: The Creation of Clissold Park
- 04.06.2017 – Stoke Newington Literary Festival: Back in Five minutes – The Evolution of Church Street 1847-2017, A joint-talk with Ken Worpole
- 22.05.2017 – Stoke Newington History Talks #3: Images from the 70s-80s, Church St property survey, Garden City Movement
- 20.04.2017– Stoke Newington History Talk with Amir Dotan. Organised by the Green Lanes N16 Association
- 27.02.2017 – Stoke Newington History Talks #2: Pubs, Simpsons factory, Conservation & Preservation
- 28.11.2016 – Stoke Newington History Talks #1,Ghostsigns, Photo Mashups & Pleasure Grounds
- 18.09.2016 – How Clissold Park was saved for the people. Organised by the Clissold Park User Group
- 06.07.2016 – How Clissold Park was saved for the people. Organised by the Friends of Hackney Archives