I run a quarterly event called Stoke Newington History Talks where I’m joined by two different speakers each time. I’m glad to say the number of people attending has been growing steadily since the first event in November 2016. The next one is planned for late August (date yet to be confirmed). I’m always happy to speak at events such as user group meetings, research groups, festivals etc. so do get in touch if you would like to talk about a potential speaking engagement.
- The evolution of Stoke Newington Church Street 1847-2017
- Stoke Newington pubs – Converted. Demolished. Rebuilt.
- Alexander Guttridge’s photos of Stoke Newington in the 1930’s
- How Clissold Park was saved by the public, for the public
EVENT: 28.09.2017 – Stoke Newington history event organised by the Green Lanes N16 Traders & Residents Association (GLTRA)
I’m thrilled to take part in a FREE local history event on September 28th organised by the Green Lanes N16 Association. The event will take place at the Green Lanes Methodist Church and will include a talk about the church by John Wirth, while I’ll talk about the history of other Stoke Newington churches. Hope you can make it.
- 04.09.2017 – Stoke Newington History Talks #4: Abney Park, Jewish past and photos from the 1930’s
- 01.08.2017 – Stoke Newington History pub quiz at The Leconfield, 79 Green Lanes
- 22.06.2017 – Talks at the Tower: Saved by the People: The Creation of Clissold Park
- 04.06.2017 – Stoke Newington Literary Festival: Back in Five minutes – The Evolution of Church Street 1847-2017, A joint-talk with Ken Worpole
- 22.05.2017 – Stoke Newington History Talks #3: Images from the 70s-80s, Church St property survey, Garden City Movement
- 20.04.2017– Stoke Newington History Talk with Amir Dotan. Organised by the Green Lanes N16 Association
- 27.02.2017 – Stoke Newington History Talks #2: Pubs, Simpsons factory, Conservation & Preservation
- 28.11.2016 – Stoke Newington History Talks #1,Ghostsigns, Photo Mashups & Pleasure Grounds
- 18.09.2016 – How Clissold Park was saved for the people. Organised by the Clissold Park User Group
- 06.07.2016 – How Clissold Park was saved for the people. Organised by the Friends of Hackney Archives