I’ve lived in Stoke Newington in North London since 2002 and became interested in its history in 2013. Since then I’ve been researching the area’s rich colourful past in my spare time, gathering and sharing material from archives, online resources, books and private collections.
I post on Twitter and Facebook regularly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How big is your team? There’s no team. Just me.
- Is this your full-time job? Nope. Just a serious hobby I squeeze in whenever I can, while juggling family life and a full-time job as a web designer in the City.
- Why do you do this? I’m naturally curious and like to learn new things. Exploring the local history of my surrounding environment is a relatively easy way to go an investigate many different, yet related areas. Also, Stoke Newington is in my opinion a very interesting and somewhat unique area.
- How long have been doing this? Since about mid-2013. Once it got a bit serious I started Tweeting my findings in October 2013.
- Are you an old man with a long beard? Not yet, but getting there slowly.